Call us: +64 22 2255223, +64 22 CALL ACE

Faqs of higher Studies NZ
Contact numbers of Higher Studies NZ


How much will it cost to study in NZ?

The cost is variable and depends on the type of course and the institute you would like to join. An estimate of likely fees would be NZD10,000 to NZD20,000 per year appx.

How much overall band score do I need in IELTS?

This depends on the type of course and the institute you would like to join. The range is from an overall band score of 5.5 for level 5/6 courses and an overall band score of 7.0 for level 7 qualifications and above.

What courses are offered in NZ?

  • Certificate (level 1 to level 4)
  • Diploma (level 5 to level 6)
  • Bachelor's Degree (level 7)
  • Graduate Certificate (level 7)
  • Graduate Diploma (level 7)
  • Bachelor Honors Degree (level 7)
  • Postgraduate Certificate (level 8)
  • Postgraduate Diploma (level 8)
  • Master's Degree (level 9)
  • Doctoral Degrees (level 10)

What is the eligibility criterion?

The entry requirements vary considerably depending on the program you are interested in, with certificates and diplomas generally having lower entry requirements than degrees and postgraduate qualifications.

For example for one of the leading institutes in Auckland

For Level 5 and level 6 qualifications- At least a 55% average across 4 academic subjects in CBSE, HSC or ISC with at least 60% in English, or equivalent in other boards is required.

Level 7 qualifications- At least a 70% average across 4 academic subjects in CBSE, HSC or ISC with at least 60% in English, or equivalent in other boards is required.

Will I get accommodation at the institute?

Some institutes do offer accommodation, however bookings may be necessary.

How much money do I need for living expenses in a month?

As the standard of living is high in NZ, you would need at least $1250 as living expenses for a month.

Which city has better educational facilities in NZ?

All cities in NZ offer the same high standard of education, however Auckland is the commercial capital of NZ with the highest population in NZ – 1.3 million and has more institutes and more job opportunities.

Which courses provide pathway to residence?

Most level 7 qualifications gain points under the skilled migrant category and lead to residence in NZ.

Can I work on a student visa

Student visa holders may work:
for up to 20 hours in any given week during the academic year if you are in full-time study
full time during the Christmas and New Year holiday period
to meet course requirements for practical work experience

Will institutes look at previous examination results?

Yes they may look at the previous examination results to determine whether you fulfill the entry requirements.

How do I know if my institute is accredited?

You can check whether the institute is listed on the website and accredited to offer the course that you want to study.

How long are the courses for?

They are typically for 1 year or 2 years

Can my partner and children come with me?

Yes, but it depends on what level course you study in NZ and the duration of the course.

What resources and help are available for students in NZ?

Most of the educational institutes have international student advisers who would be able to help you with issues like Cultural Adjustment, General Health and Wellbeing Academic Issue, flatting and accommodation.

Where will I live?

You can live in accommodation provided by the institute (where available) or arrange to flat with other students. Should you require help, Ace Consultants can assist you.

Do I need insurance?

Yes foreign students must hold acceptable medical insurance as a condition of their enrolment until the expiry of their visa.

Can I apply for my visa by myself?

Yes, you can make an application to the Immigration NEW ZEALAND without any assistance. It is however important to remember that professional and licensed Immigration Advisers can save you time and money. Immigration Advisers constantly work with INZ instructions and have the experience necessary to increase the chances of your visa application being approved.

Will my qualification from India be recognized in NEW ZEALAND?

The NEW ZEALAND Qualifications Authority (NZQA) is responsible for cross-crediting all international qualifications. If you applying for any form of visa based on your qualifications and experience it is important that these qualifications are in fact recognized here.

If you are looking to settle in Auckland and want to know what it is like?

Commonly referred to as the "City of Sails", Auckland is NEW ZEALAND's largest city. With a population of 1.4 million, Auckland is home to about half of all migrants who land here. It's a desirable place to settle and offers its residents access to beautiful beaches, harbors, walking/biking trails and more. Known for its lively nightlife, cafe culture and fine dining, Auckland is rich in diversity. Major local industries include health, manufacturing, retail, IT and finance.

Can I get a benefit or financial assistance after arriving in NZ?

What about the transport facilities in NZ?

Public transport NEW ZEALAND has good air and bus links but rail services, except for some tourist routes, are limited to suburban systems in Auckland and Wellington. All services are listed in the Yellow Pages.

Driving Driving in NEW ZEALAND is usually easy. Roads are good and by international standards traffic volumes are light. However, city traffic can be heavy during 'rush hours'. Heavy congestion occurs on the Auckland motorway network and to a lesser degree on some arterials serving the other main centres. Speeding and drunk driving both incur heavy penalties.

Driver's licenses Before you can drive in NEW ZEALAND you must have a current and valid driver's licence. Always carry your licence with you when you drive. You can be fined if you do not have your licence on you when stopped by the Police. If you have a current and valid driver licence from another country, or an international driving permit (IDP), you can drive in NEW ZEALAND for up to one continuous year.

Driving rules The road code in NEW ZEALAND is similar to that in most western countries, but there are a few important features that need to be noted in advance of your arrival. Keep left. Safety helmets are compulsory for all cyclists and motorcyclists. For comprehensive rules please visit

What will I need to work in NZ?

You will need to get an IRD number which can be obtained from This IRD number is used by your employer when he pays you a salary and you need it to file returns. It is a unique identification number and your employment records that the NZ government holds for you.